View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #28
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
/offtopic

Not to sound antagonistic...but...wouldn't the freedom to "choose" also apply before or during the act that leads to an unwanted pregnancy? (Excluding cases of rape and incest, obviously.)

Seriously...why is it only a "choice" once pregnant? Wouldn't it make more sense to make that choice PRIOR to the act that leads to pregnancy?

This argument always makes me think about standing around arguing about the cows getting out instead of just closing the gate. *shrug*

/ontopic

Having said that, I don't understand the purpose of this law. It seems like a fairly heavy handed attempt by the Southern Baptist style bible thumpers in OK to brow beat vulnerable girls. *shrug*
Um, you can only have an abortion once you ARE pregnant. Though, if you knew how many times I wanted to get an abortion after walking through a picket line to get to my doctor's office for a regular annual appointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
In regards to your off topic part- you're right, they should take measures and being stupid is no reason to have an abortion. Using Plan B or abortion is not birth control, its ridiculous and irresponsible.

But being stupid and getting pregnant at 12 or 13? Should they be forced to have a child that could pose a danger (childbirth) to them because they are themselves children?

Or what about birth control failure?

There are reasons someone could need an abortion that dont fall under their own stupidity.

Im surprised its Oklahoma thats doing it tho, I cant recall them being hard edged like this growing up in and around the area.
This. I'm right there with you.

I'm walking away from this thread...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote