View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #70
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
No worries...I have my own least favorite racers. But I am home sick today so I am going to fight with you a little longer...

I have only been watching MotoGP religiously for a little over three years now so I cannot say what happened previously...but the year that NH won and before the engine switch the Honda was "made" for Hayden. Once they switched it has taken him a long time to get it where it is. IMO this is obvious because of how far he has come this season.
Fair enough..

Ok,
1. the previous bike was "made" for Rossi,or his 1st team mate (can't think of the name right now)

2. Pedrosa did extremely well on the previous bike too.

3. A "true" champion can win on almost any machine. The MotoGp history books are filled with past greats who have overcome much greater "obstacles" than Hayden's so called tribulations.

Rossi did better lap times than Hayden in Assen with most of his shifter missing! Pedrosa won the 250 championship with two broken ankles. Dovisioso finished ahead of Hayden in his 1st time to Laguna Seca. De Puniet has a broken hand and finished just behind Hayden.
With all this,"the bike wasn't made for him talk",I have to remark,these are MotoGp bikes with almost unlimited adjustability,an almost bottomless budget, mechanics on the scene who's only job is to set your tire pressure and wipe the windscreen of the bike. If you can't make it under these conditions with the best equipment in the world..... BTW will someone please tell Nicky that the whining,quavering voice at the end of every race is played out. I've seen interviews of Rossi back when he was 16 and I have never seen him whine like a bitch!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote