View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I wish that it were that simple... but no matter what you do... it'll effect someone else... you kill your self on a road it'll create another stat that'll raise everyones insurance, cause cops to crack down just a bit harder on the local motorcycle population, your family and friends will be hurt...

yup! god know's i've done some really stupid shit... especially in my truck

Yea well,if you take the "if you crash it'll raise everyone's insurance rates" arguement to it's logical conclusion,none of us would ride at all. In the eyes of the insurance company,a crash is a crash. It's all numbers and stats. If you can prove more riders crash doing wheelies than in traffic.... Shit,some of you guys are talking about getting on the track and if you crash claiming it against your insurance. What's that gonna do to my rates? Trip rightfully went to the doctor after his crash,should I start looking for a rate increase in my medical insurance? Hey,everyone that smokes/drinks should stop since they're affecting my medical insurance. For that matter,anyone who does ANYTHING that causes the insurance industry to have to pay out,must stop now!!! That includes having babies!

As far as the police,we have a "agreed" upon spot where everyone stunts. We keep it off the main roads,the cops don't bother us. If you look,you can find similiar arrangements in most cities/areas. Infact,when Chunky crashed doing a stoppie there was a Deputy watching. He came over and asked if we needed a tow truck. I haven't lived here that long but I guess it's not unusual for bored cops to come and watch these guys stunt.

I don't have any family and all my friends know I ride so... Bottom line,I quite frankly,care more about my own happiness than I do anyone elses. If I listened to "family and friends",I wouldn't ride at all. Who here doesn't have at least one person who doesn't/didn't want them to ride motorcycles? Living your life for others sure has a noble ring to it but there's nothing noble about lying on your deathbed regretting all the things you'd wish you'd done in your life...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote