View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #109
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Okay....

break it up into quarters of the year. "Photo a month" is just a bit much to handle....

I dig Ebb's idea on groups/ideas/themes --- one quick suggestion, rotate themes or have them random (create a grab-bag???). I didn't like the idea of "Oh, well, one them is your bike in front of a waterfall" -- yeah, c'mon, this board isn't locked to a single region that has lots of waterfalls, theyr'e not always easy to come by unless we're talking about getting out the water hose and cheesin' it up a bit. Additionally, multiple themes per quarter (two themes, three max?). That would reduce the "only allowed from the rally" issue from folks who are otherwise unable to make the rally.

Set limits on the age of the photograph, current "quarter" cycle or current cycle plus previous (6 months).... maybe occasionally a "throw back" category of unrestricted (goes back to categories above) which is unlimited age, MC related, but not submitted to professional publication/previously awarded POTQ winner.

Voting should be limited to participants, otherwise it becomes a popularity contest, with it being held for the quarter rather than just a month, it should open it up to more submissions. Multiple submissions allowed (2? 3?) but voting participant can only vote once (not able to vote three times for an individual image, if multiple images are allowed per contestant).

I have no problems volunteering my time or hosting space for a repository to hold images prior to publication for voting events.

Last edited by Lamnidae; 03-02-2011 at 03:57 AM..
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote