Thread: Pucker time!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
The road looked pretty straight, so all I can think is that the driver of that car didn't look far enough ahead before he tried to pass, or was trying to pass more than one car and ran out of distance. Don't they say that's one of the most common mistakes drivers make... underestimating the rate of approach?
Regardless, it's a good thing the car was willing to take the shoulder, and that the rider had the presence of mind to just hold his line and not overreact. Not sure I would have reacted as wisely in that situation.
He couldn't look far enough ahead, it was double yellow for a reason.

Driver needs his ass beat. Love the armchair tough guys in the YT comments taking about how he shouldn't have kept the same line etc... There was always the possibility the car would try to get back into the other lane and the bike did the best he could. If the fucktard in the car was dumb enough to pass where he did, who the fuck knows what kind of random shit he would have tried next!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote