Thread: So...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Wow Joe... awesome info on the two strokes. I have a buddy who has an RS125 and he said the same thing... the powerband is so narrow he's still trying to learn how to ride it. I'm hoping he'll let me take it out at a track day

And yes the 250 2-smokers are INSANE... I want to ride one. Many people automatically think the displacement means they are slow... but holy shit are those things fast.

You instruct at moto market track days? That's awesome, I've actually been meaning to get to one of those. I have mostly done Tony's, I also did my Penguin school. I am going to race LRRS this coming season at NHMS so I imagine I will be doing less track days... but I'd love to come check out a motomarket one and meet you.

If you haven't instructed Tony's or Penguin then I probably don't know you but this is me and my bike:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Baby Joe View Post
I never went back to race at NHIS. It's OK for track days, but is dangerous for racing, IMO. I've lost a friend or two at that track, and have seen some pretty nasty crashes.. involving walls. No fun.
Yeah... they did modify T1 to be safer after there was a fatality there. But still, by no means am I saying NHMS (btw that's the official name now) is a safe track, though. I like to think of it as "unique"

They are planning to construct a new road course over the back of the hill and put more NASCAR grandstands where the current T3-T10 area is. This is projected to begin within a few years, I think.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote