Thread: So...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #25
Fat Baby Joe
Squid

Moto: '04 KTM 950 Adventure, '96 Honda rs125, '96 Yamaha tz250, '02 Honda cr250

Where is your friend riding? NH"M"S ? Is he racing?

You'll find that Motomarket days are far more laid back and even a little less restrictive (since the headcount will be lower) than the track days you are doing now.

Nice bike, btw.. you gonna race that? If so, you better get some race skins!! It's not a matter of *if* you crash...

Come to a Motomarket day and I'll let you take the 125 out for a spin, assuming you don't ride like an ass. Be prepared though, at Loudon you shift the 125 a total of 28 times *per lap*.

A good friend of mine died in '04 after he had brake failure on his Duc and hit the T3 wall. Another friend of mine hit the T3 wall, and flew so far he bounced off the T10 fence, and was in ICU for a spell... and one other 125 guy I know ended up hitting the tire wall outside T6, abut walked away with "only" a concussion and an amazingly bruised forehead. The last two got so shaken up they both gave up racing. the list goes on and on..

I find that even though I'm only teaching track days, I have absolutely no desire to go fast at Loudon. I used to do 1:20 flats there, but probably wouldn't break 1:26s if you paid me *laugh*. It's a by-product of racing at "real" tracks (as I stated earlier). Loudon is a great track for Motards and Karts though.. In fact, karts hold the lap record for Loudon, except that they don't use the T12 chicane.

btw- if you wanna go fast at Loudon, go spend a weekend at Mosport. Nothing like some 6th gear WFO blind turns to make T1 at Loudon seem like a bad joke..

OK. I'm done rambling... again lol

btw- Marco- thanks, and nice Napolean quote..!
Fat Baby Joe is offline   Reply With Quote