View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #30
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Tile is too damn hard.
When I visit my parents house, even walking around in my socks, my feet start to hurt after a while.
Put some shoes on.

Hippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Were kinda lucky in that the living room/dining room and hallway have wood floors already. In th eden/entertainment area were going to put new carpet down in the tv room and prolly the laminate in the bar/entertainment room. it looks like its just concrete under the carpeting so I will have ot get some plywood to lay down first.
You can't really just "lay down some plywood" over concrete. There's no decent way to attach it. You have to lay down "sleepers" first (PT 2x4's layed flat, and Tapcon'd or nailed with concrete nails). The advantage to that, is that you can install rigid insulation between the 2x's (you could also install radiant heating) before you lay the plywood down. The disadvantage, is that the floor will be about 2.5 inches taller than the adjoining rooms, which makes for a funky transition. You're probably going to be better off laying down an "elastomeric polyurethane" coating, and installing the Lam over that.

Heathen.

JC