View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's a very aggressive stance bike. You are positioned not for comfort, but for speed. These bikes are designed to be run in the 10k+ rpm range. That is where they make their power, that is where the bike is happy.

The 3-7k that you see in traffic, the bike will run slow and feel slow. It won't be happy. You will then want to sell the bike and get a 1000 bike, because you will think the bike is wimpy when in reality, you aren't riding the bike correctly.

I get all Giddy inside when I can run my bike above 8k Consistently, Which isnt alot around these parts...And even less with the risk of getting caught doing trip digits in a 50 or below Speed zone...So in reality My bike is usually below 6k ALOT of the time.

And everyone is right...Comfort wise a Supersport isn't ideal for commuting, With that being said. It CAN be done...Hell I rode 800 Miles on mine down into the Northern Mts of GA to meet up with Trip and a bunch of other members and when I got there I was numb from my wrists down to my feet.

And just curiously, The main reason you want a different bike is for a digital speedo?