View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well looking at the number of battery powers I need in the fairing... 1 for the hogtunes amp, 1 for the headlight, 2 for the spot lights. I decided I would make a mod. Run some car stereo 8 gauge power wire from the battery to the front fairing. Then a 4 spot fusable power distribution block. This will be supplemental (read: overkill) to the inline fuses for each item.

To get this power block, 3 ballasts, and a hi/lo converter in the fairing. We don't want them bouncing around. Brackets are needed!

Some flat sheet metal around the garage... made some cardboard templates and poof.

Some spray paint for anti-corrosion

Mount the hi/low converter on the back (this is for the headlight)

Power block on the front

Right side for the 3 ballasts

This is about when I ran into problems...when I purchased the HID kit, the company said the 880 bulbs would fit in my 881 holes. Lets see how that goes...

Stock

Comparison

Oh no Scooby... the new one is a bit longer.

When I try to install into the spot lamp, its about 1/8" too long. It hits the inside of the lens before I can spin/lock the bulb into place.

I have placed a few calls and an email into the company to see how we continue from here. I will still have to work around how to wire them into the spot housing. But can't worry about that right now...

Stay tuned...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote