View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #65
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deals gap dragon slayer View Post
there's no law about it... but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. if it starts off with the dealerships promoting irresponsible behavior and riding habits, what chance to safe responsible riders have in a society that already has us labeled as delinquents.

So you approve of a dealer selling a Busa or a liter sport bike to a first time rider who may or may not have his MC license? there's not a law against it... but common sense would urge against it.

I mean I'm sorry... but my insurance rates are high enough for the simple fact that I'm part of a so called statistic because of dipshits who probably should never be on bikes to begin with. But since no one is holding any sort of responsibility things just continue to fall in a downward spiral...

Do I think an MC license should be required to buy a bike... YES

Do I think dealerships who sell to unlicensed riders should be fined, etc...YES

Do I think that the US should use a tiered licensing system similar if not identical to many European countries... YES...

Is that being a Nazi? NO...

Its trying to create better, safer, more responsible riders.

Okay,now what the fuck does that have to do with the dealer running an ad showing a guy on a slow cruise not wearing gear? Do you really think that the average non-rider looked at that ad and said,"Oh my God look at that delinquent riding without proper gear!" Get the fuck out of here with that bull shit! I'd be with you somewhat if the ad had the guy cracking wheelies down the freeway.

Where in that dealer's ad does it say that he "pushes" larger displacement bikes on newbs? Where in that ad does it say that this dealer will sell bikes to guys without licenses? Who said ANY fucking thing about being against a "tiered licensing system"? All this guy did was take some video of a guy cruising along on a CBR and YOU have started a crusade! If you want to talk about "setting a bad example" how about the fucktards that run the gap at 2-5 times the posted speed limit? Dragging knees on public roads. What kind of public relations is that? You're obviously one of these people who seem to think that the laws YOU break are ok because you are special,you have the required skills and experience the rest of us "squids" lack. Or are you one of these guys who claim the they NEVER break the speed limit on the road? Whatever!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote