View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #30
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

My friend Dean and I did over 300 curves yesterday. Half were uphill, half were downhill, half were blind corners, many were tight, and some were fast sweepers. These were the roads I was going to take Drewpy and company on.

My favorite curves are the S-curves. You are fully leaned in one direction then one second later, fully leaned in the other direction. Going into the first curve, you have a second to position your inside foot, position your body, locate the turn point, and look through the turn. Then you have half a second to relax the outside grip, and push on the inside grip. Then as you come out of the curve, you can roll on the throttle, push on the outside grip to get the bike upright, and move back to neutral. Then you have a tenth of a second to start doing all the same things on the opposite side of the bike.

What a workout for the brain and body. And what fun when done smoothly and correctly. When you think you master it uphill, then you do it downhill. Then you toss in some sand, cars coming over the double yellow, and deer jumping onto the road.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote