View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #18
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Kaneman, what did the change do in terms of their poop? Did it take some adjustment time? No accidents or diarrhea??
There was some vomiting initially which I was told to expect. As far as their poop, the diet has made the poop much smaller and firm and not really that stinky...compared to before. Their poops are about the size of 40lb dog instead of 65-90lb dogs. The idea is that they're able to process and use much more of the food instead of having it go to waste. Its actually pretty funny watching my big ol' dogs take these lil poops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You are giving your dog chicken bones? Or am I reading that wrong?
You read it right, they've been eating the dreaded chicken bone covered in juicy delicious raw meat for months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Is there a rule of thumb-pounds of meat per pounds of dog? Is it only meat you are feeding them? Any veggies ? I am very interested in this.
There are some general rules of thumb but what I found what that everyone had their own individual style. I just keep an eye on their ribs and if they start to show I up their food intake. For my size dogs 1/2 chicken per day seems to work pretty good.

Last edited by Trip; 05-23-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote