View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #58
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

I went to the Vintage bike night yesterday and had a good time. After 16 inches of snow last Thursday, I wasn't sure if I would go. But it melted by Sunday, and yesterday broke a record of 77 degrees. I ordered a club soda at the bar, and she poured it in a liter mug. I was able to take it outside and look at the bikes. It lasted for an hour and a half, the whole time I was there.

There were about twenty bikes. There was only one woman and she had a KZ650, all original. The most unique bike was a 73 Laverda 1000, a triple. There were a bunch of Triumphs and a look-alike 2000 Kawasaki W650.

One guy made a bobber out of a 73 Honda 500 four-cylinder. I don't really like when they do that, but he actually did a good job. He told me the handling sucked, and I spotted the problem right away. He took off the front fender, which ties the forks together. I told him to get a fork brace. I showed him how I replaced my steel fender with a plastic fender and then added a fork brace. They liked that I was the original owner of my Suzuki.

I don't know if they will meet during the winter, but I will probably go back in the spring. I had never seen the W650 before, but here's what it looked like:
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote