View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #66
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I don't have time to read through the whole thread. I think the track is good for teaching you the limits of your bike and how to handle things when you think you're coming in too hot for a turn. I can say with absolute certainty that if I had not had track time, I would have gone down on the way from your house to the rally. I came in way too hot for a couple turns, but because I've ridden on the track (even without the strom) I knew that I could hold the turn if I just looked through and trusted the tires. I only knew that because of track experience, even though that experience was on an R6 and not the strom.

Knowing how to ride and how to operate a motorcycle is one thing, but the track gave me the confidence to handle turns I wouldn't have handled well at all. Was I riding over my head on that trip? Yeah, because I hadn't been riding for 5 years, except for the past couple months. But, I was still able to handle my mistake without going down, solely because of track experience.
HA HA, yeah that was fun, but we were also well over the rules of the road as well. So we were being douches.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote