Thread: Rzm450z
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
CasterTroy

Supermotojunkie.com is your friend!!!

I was looking at the YZ myself, but found a great deal on this RMZ.

I was going to buy this one:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...uot-woods-bike

But had a guy call ME about the one I have now. Couldn't pass it up.

The right bike, and then a set of wheels. Best bet is to lurk on SMJ and find a used set. Normally a good set can be had for $500-$800

I got mine with slicks mounted for $875

Then you get a rotor from Motostrano: brake rotor and a Braking brand caliper bracket: bracket to upgrade the brakes (you're doing 100mph now...you need to STOP!!!!) and you're pretty set to START.

I plan to upgrade to the brembo MC & caliper eventually, but this worked VERY well this weekend.

I had NO trouble pulling a 600 (even being as big as I am) up to 80mph.....it was about 85-on when they'd walk me like a mutant puppy

But on the tighter more technical tracks (Patriot...etc) there is no chance in hell they can catch you.

Even on my 660 MZ motard (which I now know was slow as HELL compared to a 450 that's 1/2 the weight and almost twice the HP) I was cleaning house at patriot. I can't WAIT to hit it with this sucker!