View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

A glance down at my phone revealed an unlisted number. Fearing the worst (an emergency with my 19 month old) I answered… to be greeted by a Director from work.

Ugh.

The conversation went something like this:

Prtcl: “Hello?”

Caller: “Hi – this is X. Can you jump on a conference call right now? We have an issue… what’s that noise?”

Prtcl: “That would be my motorcycle; you’re on my Blue Tooth in my helmet. I’m doing 70 and probably shouldn’t get on a call with a customer right now, especially since I’m on PTO.”

Caller: “Well can you pull over and talk?”

Prtcl: “No, I’m sorry but I’m not in a safe place where I can pull over right now.” (Got my ass reamed for this one today incidentally)

Caller: “But this is important!” (Blah blah explanation followed… the long and short of it was that something came up that was someone else’s job but they had no freakin’ clue how to do it and they wanted ME to do it instead. Um, no.”

Prtcl: “I’m sorry but you need to contact X. If they can’t do this, then you need to talk to their manager.” (kids, don’t try this at home… I piss Directors off all the time )

Caller: “Ok. I’ll call you tomorrow.” (Good call)

*sigh*

About this time, I rolled into Skaneateles.

After parking the bike and feeding the meter, I walked toward the lake:

Someone else parked their ride too:

(Corner carving machine right there )

If you ever in this lovely town and need a place to stay, I’d recommend this place (right across the street from the lake). My wife and I stayed here at the beginning of the summer (my phone rang then too and I spent more time than I’d like to admit on my laptop):

My camera batteries were about dead by this point… thankfully, my camera can also take regular AA batteries (though they don’t last nearly as long as the rechargeable batteries from Sony). The closest store in which to buy batteries was a drug store that had been faced in order to fit in to the houses around the area:

On the way back from the store:

The main drag and a local LEO eyeing the guy wearing ATGATT (me ) :

Doug’s Fish Fry. If you dig seafood, go here:

How’s this for convenient: a garage for your boat right on the water:

Just a little house…

Stairway to water:

Dark but still worth posting:

The local architecture is very pleasant:

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote