View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
I would love to see anyone who is not a teacher, who thinks teachers have it so easy, come into a classroom and teach for a week, including all the meetings, prep, grading etc that is involved. I worked it out. Even with 6 weeks off in the summer and two weeks of Christmas break and a week of spring break I worked over 50 hours a week/ 50 weeks a year.

And I said 6 weeks off in summer because that is all we got, the rest was going back early, getting out late, and professional development courses in the summer.
That is fine, but at this particular school half the students were failing every class they were taking. Maybe these teachers were doing everything they could to change that and maybe they weren't. To demand $90/hour for some extra work to try and improve is more than a little ridiculous. Maybe they did so because they didn't want to do the extra work or thought it wouldn't make a difference. If either is the case the school was going to be shut down anyway. At $90/hour I am happy with this result.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote