Thread: Ninja 1000?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Id like to have one. The only "bad" thing Ive heard is your thighs can get a bit toasty fron the heat off the engine. Im used to that on my vfr so I doubt Id complain about it.
Didn't notice that at all when I rode the Ninja. Exactly the opposite of the R1. Holy Hell! The R1 COOKED my thighs!! The Ninja 1000 feels almost exactly like you took my ninja 650R and put in twice the engine. IIRC, all the measurements are very similar- the main difference being the 1000 makes a bunch more power and weighs a bit more. It is a great STREET bike to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Sadly I didnt, there was a demo day in jersey I was going to go to, but after a little more research I went upstate and bought the triumph instead. The centerstand was a big issue for me and I think I would have had to haggle for the luggage. Only other ting that concerned me was it may have been a bit uncomfortable for longer trips.
Who needs a center stand? I've seen smaller versions that would almost fit in your back pocket. About 4.5" square- popped up in a facebook ad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYBQw5_-8DY