View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville
Default First time for everything...

If it's dry, I ride, regardless of the temperature. It was 25-degrees this morning it is supposed to reach a sunny 50 by this afternoon; the choice to ride to work today was a no-brainer.

Some mornings the throttle is frozen in place as I pull away from the car port. I usually just pull in the clutch, give the throttle grip a quick blip, everything frees up, and I'm on my way. Did the same this morning, but instead of a smooth break, the throttle instantly went to WFO and froze there. Not expecting this, I was already in the process of releasing the clutch, and upon engagement I was rocketed beyond Earth's orbit and a few minutes back in time.

Reality blurred and before thoughts of pulling the clutch back in or reaching for the ignition switch could form, I was on my side with the bike doing the horizontal donut dance on top of me. Gravel hailstorm at 25 degrees: cozy.

The rocks punched a hole in the left engine cover. I doubt it was wide open for more than 2 or 3 seconds, but some of that was spent pumping all its oil out onto the driveway. Said engine cover and my left leg prevented the bodywork from rashing up too bad; some scratches near the bottom of the side cowl, but no cracks and no marks on the tail, tank, or nose. Assuming the engine internals are okay, repairs should be limited to touch-up paint and a new engine cover.

Anyway, goddamitmotherfuckerbullshitpissfuck.
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote