Thread: Xmas ride
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Particle, its one thing to go out for a few hours in the cold, you just jump in the shower to warm up.

If you've done any real distance in feezing temps, then I'm impressed. Anything near freezing and I stiffen up and become practically useless.

I can go around town, but if you start packing the miles on, that's when the difference comes into play. There's nothing like being hypothermuc on a bike. You're bordering on being intoxicated.
but 101 was talking about the bike... that's what Partical was replying to...

I know it'll be cold... but I think I'll be fine... I'll have several layers on, three of which are wind proof.

now that I think about it....

I've done a couple hours on snow machines (snow mobile) in AK.. in -15*... doing 50mph with bursts up to 70mph... I was fine... had thermals, sweats, over pants and jacket liner and shell on. balaclava, gloves with liners... and that's it.

I was really surprised I wasn't cold... course that was more cardio work than just sitting on the bike too... so who knows.

I don't expect to hit the REAL cold till north of Omaha anyhow. I'm not seriously worried about the cold... just a bad snow storm.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote