View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
From what I've read, that company has been the go to for a lot of government projects.
Website was one of them.
A 3 year government project of this scale\scope (regulations\state to state crap\requirements creep coming all over) the cost isn't that surprising. My company has spend more on less.

Time|Quality|Budget

You can pick 2

The code quality issue....all I have to say is I'd like to see who the company contracted out to for the analysis\coding work.
Lot of those firms are cheap for a reason.
Screenshots and mockups look great...everything is copy pasta junk layered upon copy pasta junk. I bet it worked great in demos and the testers really liked the fonts
Could also be load issues, causing bottlenecks getting to the databases. We paid good cash for testing applications that simulate real world loads, and still got hammered when we brought online course systems online, and that was only a few tens of thousands of users logged on simultaneously. The one thing that hadn't been considered, in the initial testing, was that people are impatient idiots who hammer the go button repeatedly to try and make the page load faster, which results in multiple queries that add up to bring the servers to their knees.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote