View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I haven't heard the story yet, and I haven't clicked on any links yet, BUT:

If another politico indeed called for this woman's death, I wouldn't characterize this as "people trying to put political value on it". It's already there.

If Palin did call for this woman's death, even if essentially only by suggestive graphic and the veiled suggestion of "you know what to do", then she should be clearly charged for complicity in any murders committed as a result of what could only be characterized as a rather blatant public incitement and inducement of murder.

I believe in free speech, but you can't yell fire in a theatre. Speech designed to cause death and harm to others is not protected. That's actually technically conspiracy/complicity to murder.

If this woman dies, Palin should be charged, if she indeed made these overt murder suggestions in a public forum.

I think it's fair to say that given her rather high public profile, she should be well aware that this type of incitement would likely lead to violence.
i was referring to the idiot political cartoonist they were interviewing on cnn who immediately blamed the right, america's "gun fetish", and said this was an inevitable event. try not to let your personal prejudices lead you into dumb statements
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote