View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
But noone is arguing that they cant have all the rules they want, AT WORK. No guns, no drugs, no booze, no black socks, no scratching your nuts. You are at work, you abide by their rules. Im not questioning their ability to limit what you can and cant do at work, im questioning their ability to stop you from doing those things at home.
I'm just saying that since it's impossible to test for recency of use, they can ban it's use entirely. Saying you can't drink alcohol for 12 hours prior to work is saying that you can't drink alcohol on your own time at your own house. Yes, the alcohol could still be in your system at work if you drink prior to work, even though you did it on your time. Pot might be out of your system in a few hours, but there isn't any way to test for it.

I actually think that you and I agree on the level of the inability to test for it. Where we disagree is whether or not companies can tell you that you can't do it at all. I think they're well within their rights to do so because they can't tell whether you used it 3 hours ago or 3 weeks ago. They can only tell that you've used it. Therefore, they ban it entirely. You agree to not use pot, at any time, and they agree to let you work for them. It's a contract, just the same as many professional athletes have a contract saying they won't ride a motorcycle. You sign off on their policies and you're agreeing to that contract, even though they're asking you not to do something that's completely legal, on your own time, away from work.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Now get on that HFCS thread and fill us in on the incorrect shit there!
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote