Thread: Epic Gixxer1k
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've also avoided certain bikes because of the "taint" they had on them. The 750 Gixxers and the CBRs to name two. I clung to Yamaha even tho' for all intents and purposes both the Honda a nd the Suzuki were far superior. I finally came around in 2000 when I took my YZF1000 in for it's 3rd engine rebuild.
Ouch... 3rd engine rebuild?? Little rough much?? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
It may be location that determine's a bike's popularity and with what crowd. For the longest times Ninja's were the most popular bike here. Everybody had a green ninja. I think they're still pretty damn popular here, but the zuks are closing in on them pretty fast. I see just a little more gixxers (any of them) than I do 'busas. Most of those on 'busas here drag race.
Here in columbus the GSX-R had always been the most "seen" on the road. As of 2006/7 though, i've seen a noticable slide to alot of people riding the new gen R6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
GSXR's are still some of the best looking Jap bikes. While they've made their shit uglier over the years....it's still light years ahead of the gawd awful Kawi's and the new R1.
NOW they are, now that all of the other manufacturers have made their bikes increasingly uglier. I mean come on, the new R1 is fugly, the zx10 is horrid, and the CBR1k looks like it was punched in the face. The zx-6 looks like its big brother, and the CBR6 is drawnout, overused, and boring. Now the R6 is fine imo.

But i guess if you are in it for the right reasons... looks shouldnt matter, only performance. But whatever.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote