View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 13:

Entering the homestretch of the trip, this was a 570 mile interstate march from Rapid City, SD to Bellevue, NE. Besides a lot of boring interstate, I took a scenery detour in the badlands.

The morning started off pretty cold as the low pressure that had been chasing me all trip passed me and made it pretty cloudy in SD. I avoided all the stupid Wall Drugstore signs and didn't go.

The scenery detour for the Badlands was well worth it. The Badlands were pretty cool.

After the Badlands, it was just an interstate death march. I kept going on I-90 and crossed the border to get Minnesota as a state I rode in. It was only an extra 20 miles or so. I got Nebraska by going to Bellevue. In Bellevue, I met up with Ebbs. We got some Red Robin. Yummm!

Watched the weather channel when I got back to the hotel. Thunderstorms with tornadoes were suppose to roll in and a window from about 4-6am would be the best time to roll out. Looked like a possibility for storms everywhere I went the next day rolling for a few days after that. I made the decision to go home from Bellevue in one day. I wished I had planned it better because I could of had an easy documented Iron Butt, but I do not have the documentation to support the ride.

Badlands:

Hole in the Clouds:

Riding towards Bellevue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote