Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)
There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote