View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Default Back from (day 1 of) Daytona Bike Week...

Mornin all.....

WOO HOOOOOO.... we (Chris, Sterling, Beefcake and I) were all in Daytona for bike week yesterday. As always, freakin spectacular weather - about 80, breeze in the air, sunny... just gorgeous.

Even though the event technically started last Friday, weekdays at the speedway (which is where we spent the day) are surprisingly non-chaotic. We got there by 7:30 a.m., and I managed to get in five demo rides (normally if you can squeeze in three in a day, you're doing good)....

Typically Kawasaki is the only manufacturer (of the major Japanese brands anyway) to bring out sport and supersport models (due to insurance reasons). But to our surprise, Yamaha brought out the R1, R6 and R6S this year (WOOT!). Buell also had the 1125R, however due to the way Buell schedules their demo rides, you basically get to just stand in a line at their booth for hours and WAIT to get on one.

I managed to ride the R6 (daaaaangerously fun), the R6S (love it), the ZX10R (WAY love it), the new Ninja 250 (so much fun!) and the Buell XB9CX (wouldn't ride it if they gave it to me for free). I'll work up ride reports and post up pictures from the speedway later on; and we're heading back down tomorrow night for the Kawasaki party at Hooters (last year was a blast!)
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote