View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Dude, you are not riding inches away from cars' exhaust.....Unless you're in rush hour all the time. My jacket smells like sweat more than anything else....

And if you put your jacket in a closet with a new tire or bottles of chemicals in it......Shit will stink like a mofo after a few days. Leather is porous, so it absorbs odors pretty good. Hell I keep a box of Bounce on the floor of my closet, and it keeps my jacket smelling fresh, lol.

Like as if the dude doesn't have room inside his house for his gear. Hell if I pay hundreds of dollars for something, I'm not leaving it somewhere where it's going to be exposed to temperature extremes, high humidity, insects, & dust.
Lmao, I'm not inches away from cars?

I ride in The City of Philadelphia, and I do it frequently. I smell Exactly like Exhaust/Sweat/Rubber/Fuel...Hell, I have gotten in from a ride and flicked off chunks of rubber.

I dont feel the need to have my Riding gear smelling like roses, I highly doubt anyone gives a fuck what I smell like when I'm riding my motorcycle...You really think someone on a street corner is gonna say "Man that guy smelled Fresh and Clean" when you ride by? No, there not.

Guy probably does have room in his house to put his gear...But he doesnt park his shit in the living room...Keep it where it's convenient, Do you put your toaster in the bathroom? Or your toothbrush in the fridge?