View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #51
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Why spend a lot of money on any car or truck unless it's fun to drive? You spend a lot of time behind the wheel, and it's a waste unless you're getting something in return.
I think this statement is the major problem with your argument. To you having a little car that "handles well" is fun to drive. which is fine by me, but when you see someone driving a big truck you think that they don't enjoy driving their truck. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my trucks and wouldn't trade them for all the little cars in the world!!! I love being up above the little cars you speak of. And as far as the phrase "fun to drive" you should come out here and go mudding with me sometime now that is fun!! (as long as you are in a truck and not a little car) or when there is 3 inches of snow on the ground the only thing stopping me from getting where I want to go is the little cars that can't get going because they don't have four wheel drive. I would dare to bet if someone gave you a truck to drive for a year you would come away with a diffrent opinion. Its amazingly convenient to be able to toss whatever you want in the bed and go. I haul stuff all the time, just the other day my mower broke and I had to take it into the shop. with out a truck that would have been a pain in the ass, I just loaded her up and away I went. Ever tried to move with out a truck? its no fun! And two days ago i hauled 100 bales of hay with the truck and a trailer. And after that I went up to the truck dealer and looked at a 30 thousand dollar f350. do I need it as my everyday driver.... probably not but i promise you there will be times when Im glad I had it. Like when I have to go get 30 squares of shingles to roof the house, or get 200 landscaping blocks. Not to mention that while the truck doesn't get the miles per gallon a civic would its very common to see diesel trucks turn over 300 thousand miles. which would be pretty impressive for a small car. especially if you are towing around a trailer which the car wasn't meant to do. so I would be replacing the small car more often. The bottom line is that while I agree that soccer moms probably don't need full sized SUVs to run their two children to soccer practice, not everyone who drives a big truck is just looking to waste money. If you have a truck you will find ways to use it. I have my bike and camaro for fun on dry pavment but my truck gets me through all the other crap.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote