View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Although I don't ride nearly as much as I used to, I've never been stopped by any weather. The most interesting although unpleasant ride was the last trip of a move and the bike was the last thing to go. When I left, it was raining. The rain turned to sleet then to hail then to snow. All this occurred in about 15 miles. It wasn't bad until while coming up a ramp, I turned my head to look back at traffic and my neck was exposed in the middle of the hail! THAT was painful!
During the blizzard of 91, I lived 25 miles from work and worked graveyard. All I had was a motorcycle. I rode the entire trip with my feet on the ground and beeped the horn and waved at the 4-wheel drives in the ditch as I passed. (it's a wonder I didn't get shot!)
The coldest on a motorcycle was 18 below 0 F and the hottest was a bit over 100 F but, heat doesn't bother me. I HATE COLD! I tolerate it well but, I hate it! Cold rain is my least favorite!
I've ridden through every form of weather known to man but, most of it was when I was younger and had much less efficient gear but, a much tougher (dumber) me.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote