View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

I was actually thinking of posting something about getting comfortable in the corners again after a crash.

I have crashed/totaled 3 bikes. the first two I walked away from and didn't have any problems getting back on and riding like it never happened. like you after the first crash I got a bigger bike, the second one I rebuilt it then got a quicker/faster bike. the third one I got the same bike different color.

I do not remember the last crash and about 1/4 mile before the crash site. I was talking to the guy I was riding with (when he finally came back for me) before I remember talking with him.

my ankles are messed up from the crash, I have bone floating around in one ankle and the other is stiff.

I know I had slowed down prior to the crash because I had bobbled a couple corners that I shouldn't have and wouldn't have on my old bike. this was a new bike (3 days old)and a new to me road (another reason I had slowed down).

I got back on a bike a week later (I was working in a dealership as a Tech/setup so had to). I used wheelchair/crutches for weeks, found out that I couldn't shift a sportbike for several weeks.

I go out for rides now and get that oh shit feeling on just about every corner. the new bike says I have about 20K on it now and still love to ride, just can't do the type of riding I like now because I can't figure out how to get past that feeling.

I don't go out on the streets and treat them like a racetrack but some spirited riding a little over the speed limit is fun.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote