View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
And those who think teachers are overpaid: it goes well beyond the classroom, all the shit they have to do.
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I don't believe teachers are underpaid. Its kinda like how housewives tried to convince us that staying home with the kids is such a hard job....and we bought it. Men began to think, "Well, I better go work, cause I don't want the extremely hard job of staying home all day." Which is complete bullshit of course, housewiving is very, very, very easy.

Teaching is the same to me. First of all, they don't work a full year, so right off the bat you take a pay hit. Secondly, there are so many teaching aids that they don't even really do anything as far as drawing on their own knowledge to teach. At my son's school they use a website called "Raz-Kids". When I first went to his school and saw it I was like WHAT THE FUCK?!? lol.

I could understand if it was teaching kids how to use computers...but its not....its a website that does the teacher's job. Aside from that, their main job is to teach their kids to pass federally mandated tests, not to actually learn something about the world....so, how hard is it to teach from a workbook?

Now, I'm not saying I'd want to be a teacher....cause that job sucks. Have you ever seen all the kids inside a school? Fuckin' gross.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote