View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Me too! Up until we had her bike in hand and the paperwork was done, I was sure that it was a scam because we found it on Craig's List. Oh well, never again, I can tell you that! She's been on CL for weeks trying to find a 600 and I kept telling her to wait, why waste time when she's not going to buy until next Spring. Then this ad came up and she's been working on me since Thursday to say it was okay.... I have to admit, these guys have a smooth deal going.

Here's the listing...
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/1399974176.html

The Photobucket account...
http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/DavidRVI/

The "EBay" listing has disappeared of course. Man, they have a slick operation, I have to admit! Everything looks perfectly on the up and up, EXCEPT the wire transfer... I told her the the start that she should only use Pay Pal but she wouldn't listen to me. The modified EBay listing promised her 3 days to check the bike out before the funds were released... Now the worst part is that, like all companies these days, her CU didn't process her stop request right away and sat on it for almost 2 hours before sending it through!!! She literally went back to the bank within an hour... Man, I hope that she didn't get screwed!!!

The only "positive" side to this whole thing is that the money she was spending was "free" in the sense that because her parents are divorced, she has three sets of Grandparents and two parents that send her money every month (at least $1000/month), on top of the huge grants that she gets because of her grades and the fact that she is in the medical field. Her classes cost under $2500 and she gets almost $6000 in grants, no bs. Plus she works as a pharmacy tech for Walgreens. She went to Europe this Spring and had almost no money when she got back. She paid her tuition, bought the 250, 3 helmets, three jackets, a helmet for me, her bike insurance (Mom pays for her car), chaps, misc gloves, clothes, paid off her credit cards, etc and she still has (maybe had) $6000 in her account before this deal! Heck, she'll still have $2000 even if she gets fucked with more money coming next semester. It's truly amazing...
Have you looked at salvage auctions? Buy back on my 08 750 with 3K miles was only $2500.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote