View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

I spent 2-1/2 hours today after work at the glass beading cabinet. Amazing how much those little glass beads can do to improve the surface.

Here's a pic to show what the cylinders/heads looked like before. I also have replaced the headlight ears, headlight bucket, master cylinder, front caliper, handlebars, front rim & tire, rear rim & tire, rear shocks, gas tank ,side covers & put in a NOS wiring harness ( so far )

:seeya: Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That seems to give a finish close to the original. That's what was recomended by the guys on the triple forum.

I used extra fine glass beads. Takes forever but you end up with a nice finish.

I use the extra fine black beauty for sand blasting the frame. Removes the paint without excessive pitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just quite a few hours with scotch brite pads on my cases. Turned out pretty well. I slid the cylinders and heads on so it "looked pretty"

Got a decent shine on the outside fin on the head ( did the outside fin on each of the outer heads)

Doesn't look too bad considering it looked like the '74 H1E motor on the shelf when I started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yup, does feel good looking at what you've done

As far as Pebble Beach, my work isn't nearly good enough ( and my pockets aren't that deep )

Now the work/restorations done by Brian H. is truly breath taking. Here's a pair of '72 H2's he did.

'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote