Thread: Harley "48"
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default Harley "48"

the better half has been wanting a 48 since they came out. She was nervous about riding a demo at the dealer because it's been a bit since she had a bike. I offered to take it out for her and give her some feedback.
show up at the dealer at least 1/2 hour ahead of the storm they were forcasting. They let me take one out for a spin anyway.
the bike looks cool as hell in my opinion. I love the smaller tank and everything just looks "right" to me.
grab a seat, hmm, not much for padding but it should be alright. forward controls are different then my standards but should be alright.
love the huge front tire.
ok on the road we go. forward controls with forward bars and a paper thin seat add up to two things. a sore ass and very hard to stay in riding position. very uncomfortable. oh that cool looking tire, yeah you want to feel gyroscopic effect? huge tire and short bars, very difficult to turn. the motor was a 1200 sporty that is predictably stuffed up. open it with pipes and intake and it would be ok.
I was amazed that the under bar mirrors actually worked quite well.
coming back to the shop, the lightning was lighting up the sky and the rain was coming down. didn't push my luck too hard on turns or anything.
all in all, it's really cool looking but we won't be getting one. she is going back to getting an iron.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote