View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
does it have settings on how often it sends an update?

and which version did you go with the older model or newer? what's the differences?

I'll eventually have one... though coverage outside US/Canada and Europe degrades a lot from what I've seen... Africa is next to nil.
No, it just does 10min tracking. Or you can send updates as you please with mine.

I have the newer version, mainly cause I got it as a gift. I believe mine has a few more buttons, like the custom tracking message. You go into the settings on the website and can send messages to who you want by email or text message. You can write in what they will receive too.

You will probably want the high end tracking units for overseas stuff. They have a steep up front cost, but they aren't service oriented, so you will make up the difference in cost over a couple years. I am sure there will be something better by the time you do that trip though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote