View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #91
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Cool, I didn't want to appear too harsh, just honest. Hopefully, our boy avoids what I like to call, "the one financial pitfall Dave Ramsey doesn't address", ie having kids! I don't really know if people truly understand just how expensive the little rugrats are or how much better their lives would be financially if they didn't have them. Seriously, two are not as cheap to take care of as one, etc. If people planned having kids out even on tenth as much as D.R. wants them to plan to buy a house or a car.... Heck, the commitment with raising a child is much longer than buying a car and even longer than Dave wants you to commit to buying a house (15 years vs 18).
Yeah, I definitely hope he avoids that pitfall. Kids are definitely expensive, but I think the courts are way off base on their calculations of cost and support. It's ridiculous that they base the cost of the child from the income of the two parties. It doesn't cost any more to raise a kid if the parents make 100k or 30k. While people may choose to spend more on shit for their kids when they make more money, the actual cost of raising the child doesn't change. If I were married to my daughter's mom, I wouldn't allow spending anywhere near the amount on my daughter that the courts dictate. It's absolutely assanine.

[/hijack]
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote