View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Alright that's what I was thinking. I am probably going to get one, especially if I get the R1 I am looking at tomorrow. What do you think of the proximity sensor and the ignition disable?
Gasman loves the proximity sensor,I personally hate it cause it causes false alarms which cause you to ignore your alarm after awhile. The positive side is that it will only go off so many times before that sensor will shut itself off until the system is reset. Plus you can turn the prox sensor on and off at will.

I like the fact that with ignition disable your bike won't start unless the remote is in range (on the 900)but like someone mentioned,most thefts are grab and go so it really doesn't make any difference. It does have a "carjack" feature that lets you turn your bike off it someone snatches it from you. Unless you have the remote attached to the key,duh! My biggest problem with ignition kill is if something goes wrong with the install or the system your bike won't start. It's really a matter of preference.

I mounted my unit on the subframe so if anyone so much as touches my bike the two stage shock sensor warns them away. Btw I suggest a similar mounting location for your Scorpio, Alot of guys like putting them under the seat but I'd rather place it in the tail on the subframe. Again personal preference.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote