View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I took one out for a test ride yesterday and was thoroughly impressed. The bike seems to be much more refined than previous models, less vibration and much better heat management. Whatever heat is produced by the engine is certainly not channelled to the rider, and even the radiators vent away from you pretty good. Its still a pig in the corners, and the suspension isnt anything near great. The brakes are much improved over previous generations, and the ABS works alought it comes on rather abruptly and is very intrusive. My biggest gripe with it is the infotainment center and its controls. There is nothing intuitive with the controls. On a gold wing I was able to figure out how to work everything within 5 minutes, but the harley system just confused me, I kept pressing the joysticks the wrong direction. Also the screen controls are sluggish and require too much pressure, and are hard to reach while riding. The GPS also surprised me that I could only manage to input a few waypoints before it deleted the first one.

The biggest positive improvement is in the luggage and its controls/opening and closing mechanism. Its actually easy now.