View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
You guys are almost there on the proper mentality, but kinda off base. I am a current owner and on the owners feedback board.

Are they working toward liquid cooled? Sure.

What people don't get about HD is simple. Could HD engineers design a goldwing or BMW style touring bike? Certainly. Would that alienate the core customer base? Most definitely. They must not alienate that core base. They have done all their upgrades in technology in small steps and have done very well with it. This last step in technology was big, but they needed it. They had too many other brands hunting their customers. They have even done some firsts in the MC world. With the addition of blue tooth, built in gps, touchscreen, voice command, etc... they have taken their stake back towards the top.

So in this step, they introduce liquid cooling but only to the exhaust port. They have done a brilliant job with it, the design in the lower fairing is better than anything I have seen to date. The radiator between the downtubes, like most other metrics, passes tons of heat to the rider. My brothers Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager is a perfect example. It is liquid cooled and way way hotter to the rider than my HD.

I can keep going on.... but honestly I probably have wasted too much time on this... it's falling on deaf ears.
There was a decent article in Cycle World.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote