View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #75
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Then it was back on the asphalt and through some of most gorgeous country in Colorado and some cool mountain towns.

Then it was back off road... I had planned on a couple off road stints, but this one wasn't planned.* My GPS routed me though and considering I'd come way down from where I saw snow last, I was ok with it.* I was still at 10k feet I'd later find... only got a couple photos before the road required both hands and complete attention (again my lack of confidence off road kicked in)

About 6 miles down the road I ran into snow, it went form a shady area here and there to covering the road in big 10' long areas... which I stupidly didn't scout before and pressed through... and finally to a section that was completely snow for at least 100yards (couldn't see any further due to corners).* so I tried turning around, only 1 the ground was like grease due to the run off from the melting snow, and I was on a hill... Note to self... when in a new area and slick conditions combine with elevation changes... SCOUT FIRST!* I got the bike turned around and started up the hill, but didn't make it far.* The first and biggest snow section stopped me solid.* I couldn't get traction with the tire or my feet to try and paddle.* I had just dropped the bike on it's side after losing my footing when a guy showed up on a Yamaha WR250 and helped me get the bike out... I'm not quite sure what I'd have done had he not shown up... HUGE WAKEUP call for me, SCOUT and don't even slightly push it when alone.

Anyways, this whole ordeal took about 2hrs out of my day and about 50% of my energy so I threw in the flag and rode home.* Thinking I'd hit up the rest of my planned trip Today (Memorial Day) however once I got home and threw some lube on the chain, I discovered my master link clip missing... so no riding till that's back (had a spare, but don't remember where I put it in the move)

anyways... hope you all enjoyed your days off as much as I did mine.

Till next time
Brandon
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote