Thread: 08 CBR 1k
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #93
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Gunther, we are going to have to just let it go. You arent seeing what I am saying and only taking from it what you want to pick at apparently because you are bored and like to argue. Do your thing. Like I said, I dont care what you do nor did i call you "that stunter guy" or whatnot, you name and classify yourself all on your own.

NtS, love the pegasus picture, very cute, altho your use of bunnies frightens me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
How did you suck all the oil out of the filter? Cause if there was only .25 of a quart short on your change.... Your not burning oil. In fact if your not having to add oil your fine.

Please don't rush out on a whime to sell this bike for pennys on the dollar just to "get rid" of it. I believe your going to be ok... Even if in the far away chance you do need some head work WHICH I DONT THINK YOU WILL.

Map it or just ride it please... I beg of you.
I gotta agree with "stunter man" on this one. He's right. I checked with my buddy, The Stig, a sometimes poster here and my bike idol/guru person:

Black tip and a bit of smoke = likely running too rich, worst case scenario the valve guides may be worn causing the problems you are having. Fill your oil up, keep an eye on it and determine if you are actually going thru it and having to refill. As long as you arent having actual mechanical or electrical issues, you should be able to take care of this with a minimum of effort and cost.

Now, if ya wanna sell, lemme know, I need a track bike... J/k
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote