Thread: Anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Anyone else?

Notice they have a bias AGAINST sportbikers? kinda odd as I ride one... but if I'm stopped at a gas station... 90% of the time I'll just not "what's up" and go on about my way.

but throw any tourer or Dual Sport... and I'll sit for an hour shooting the shit...

I wanna say it's just cause I'm interested in their type of riding more... and not a bias against them... but I'd be lie'n. I guess it's just that most of the time that I have kicked up a conversation... it's squid this and pose that.

Mississippi is really getting on my nerves because of that. Though I don't kick up conversation... THEY do... I'm polite and just give them the... "cause it was built to be ridden" response (when they ask why it's so dirty) But I cut it short and move along. It's gotten to the point I hate riding my bike anywhere near town unless I'm just going to or from work, because I get annoyed with seeing them... riding around with no shirts, shorts, brain buckets... cruising... looking for attention.

I'm not saying I'm the end all be all of motorcycles... or that I even have half a clue how to ride one to it's potential... but I guess it comes down to viewing my motorcycle... and motorcycles in general as more than just a tool to get attention... but a way of life... and other motorcyclist... are more than just someone who share's a hobby... but a friend I've not met yet.

and before I'm called a hypocrite for that last line... not everyone who owns a motorcycle... is a motorcyclist. they're just an owner of a motorcycle.

maybe I'm just stuck on myself... but I just tire of all the ignorant attention they bring to motorcycling...

but there I go stereotyping...

take it for what it's worth... just something I've been thinking about lately...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote