Thread: Anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well I've never been a fan of the "only people who ride as I do are motorcyclists" attitude but I definitely avoid other riders. For the most part they totally irritate me. Seriously. They give me their numbers and I throw them away. I really don't feel like babysitting or getting run into, thank you! I definitely don't feel like answering a million inane questions about bikes all afternoon. I don't know, I'll do a couple rallies a year and I think that will about do it for me and group riding...
it's not that... I can deal with others doing things different than me... it's the negitive aspect they bring. I honestly don't think it's the "ride like I do or else" mentality... as I really have no interest in ever riding a trike or gold wing... but they're some of the most entertaining to talk to.

I'm extremely cautious about riding with other sportbikers... especially when I don't know them... so I've done it twice... both times ended with me taking the next exit while they wheelied/cut people off attracting the wrong kind of attention. I've ridden on about 5 occasions with a group of bikes that contained anything from cruisers to dual sports to big ass tourers. never had a hint of feeling nervous among them...

I guess I'm just stereotyping again here... but it just feel like the vast majority of the sportbikers I run into are just attention whores.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote