View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #107
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
03. It's having problems, I absolutely abuse it and it's all caught up with it. Looking at an 05+ Titan or 09+ Ram. Very versatile truck, does the work of a much larger truck without needing the giant parking spaces.
Lol, well any vehicle will have problems if you abuse it.

I think I decided im going with a truck for my next vehicle. Its still up in the air whether I want the Avalanche, the Ram 1500, or the newer Tundra. My neighbor has an 05 or 06 Titan in the metalic maroon color. He absolutely loves it. I am waiting to see if they update here in the next year or so, its getting a little long in the tooth....

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It's a decent boat/toy for the $$ and we really enjoy it but it's sure no Cigarette boat for sure.
Those cigarette boats are awesome, but so finicky. We have a lakehouse on Erie and a bunch of our neighbors have them. One of the more famous ones around the great lakes is JAWS. It is acually in the next channel over from us. If it means anything.... the lift that it sits on costs $240,000. Yea. There is another in the channel that is jet engine propelled. When it warms up it sounds like an F16 sitting on the tarmac, hazing jet fumes and all. There is nothing else like it when it takes off. I heard these two tangled on the water one time and they got up to about 140mph and then JAWS walked right away. I also heard the jet one goes to Detroit often, takes him just about a half hour.

I rode on one of the #1 Cigarette boats once. The guy was working out an engine kink and some new props. 95mph scared the ever living fuck out of me. This coming from a guy who did 85 the first time he was on a motorcycle. At one point we did a banked 180 degree turn so fast at such an angle i could have put my hand out and touched the water. We stopped out in the middle of the water and he opened the back end to check the oil consistency, 2 big ole monster V8s. All he said was "Eh..... still not right. These damn new props have me down 8-9mph. We'll get it fixed though...." Wayyyy too fast on water, im used to the pace in this.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 12-04-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote