View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #29
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
This is from the last bike ride I took.

It was a warm morning already when I donned my leathers to depart. Leathers. Check. Gloves. Check. Helmet. Check. Ducati. Check.

We departed, Carolina in her car, and me on her Ducati following. (Hey, the view is better if I'm behind her. )

The neighborhood is twisty, so I only got a knee down once or twice (KIDDING!). We finally made it out to the interstate and began the drone south to Harris Hill. We passed the exit, made a stop for gas and breakfast, and then on to the track we went.

Got to the track and I got out of my leathers. Hung out with Moira and a bunch of track riders, I helped provide Subway lunch to everyone while Carolina and I both chased two crazy little girls, and ate some lunch ourselves.

It was time to go. I put the leathers back on, sweating my ass off (Thanks Texas ) and took off for Austin. Carolina followed me this time since I wanted to flog the Duc a little bit. We got back, made dinner, and called it a day.

Normalcy returned.

And as always... you rode more slab than twisties.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote