View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #62
felyn3
Purrrrrrrrrs!

Moto: '02 Ninja ZX6R, '02 ZR7S, '03 XT 225, '01 DR200SE

Jacket - Textile: Teknic Sequoia- just got this recently and wore it for the first time yesterday. It fits great, and the quality seems excellent. Also have a Kawasaki Ninja jacket (maker unknown), and an older Hein Gericke textile (my first-ever jacket, has held up 10 years now).

Jacket - Mesh: One of the first Joe Rocket Phoenix jackets. I prefer more protection, though, and wear this only if it's 90+ degrees

Pants - Textile: Joe Rocket- have held up well for about 8 years now

Pants - Mesh: Joe Rocket Phoenix- like these and wear them quite a bit in hot weather

Pants - Denim/Kevlar: Draggin' jeans. Like them, however, I prefer more protection and usually just wear these on short rides around town or the short commute to work

Helmet: HJC CS-12 and KBC TK-8- lower-end helmets but fit well and are good quality. Would love to move up to an Arai some day

Gloves - Leather: Held "Steve"- sport-touring glove, comfortable and excellent quality; will probably never buy any other brand

Gloves - Mesh: Teknic- usually only wear in very hot weather

Gloves - Weather/Winter: Joe Rocket that I picked up on closeout for $12! I've worn them all winter and am thrilled with how warm they keep my hands!!

Boots: Dainese I picked up on e-bay- very durable, have about 8 years now. Joe Rocket race boots I picked up for only $49. Excellent boot.

Two-piece suit - Leather: Tiger Angel custom Australian suit I picked up on e-bay for a song ($350; new around $1400!) Luckily, it fits like it was made for me, and the leather and overall quality are amazing. Also have the Teknic Venom women's that I picked up for less than $140! (Can you tell I'll a successful bargain hunter?) Quality and fit is satisfactory.

One-piece suit - Touring/Textile: another e-bay special, a Fieldsheer that is great for 30 degree riding days

Armour (i.e. Icon, Bohn, Alpinestars): generic back protector

Rain gear: Frog Toggs- they really do work well!

Last edited by felyn3; 03-31-2008 at 10:34 AM..
felyn3 is offline   Reply With Quote