Thread: Xmas ride
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #64
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Im insulted that you had no desire to check in...
ehh with out the bike, and work being the way it is... along with a bit of drama in the rest of my life... didn't feel like getting on the internet at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Dude u are the fucking man. I'm gonna take back what I said about you. The punk comment...lol

How do you keep the inside of the shield from freezing?
SWEET! this whole trip was just to prove you wrong! FINALLY!

actually I had to take a CLEAN pair of socks... wrap one around my neck... to insulate and run the other one down from my mouth to my chest... then put my balaclava on.

This actually did a couple things:
1. kept the cold off my neck from the frozen wind proof material of the balaclava....
2. kept my breath from freezing on the balaclava and sticking to my lips, and also kept the breath off my visor except at speeds of under 40... which I didn't hit much of. just on/off ramps and could usually slow my breathing down enough to get stopped or up to speed.
and 3. keep my neck from getting tired. with the DS helmets you have the visor like you do on an off road helmet... and this just pulls your head up and back.... doubling up the sock in the back keeps your helmet from being forced back, and lets your neck muscles rest.

in other news... I hit 4500 miles on the bike... not bad for a two month riding season. (makes 15500 for both bikes from March)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote