View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Not an insult; just a comment on how so many riders seem to toss a pipe on the bike without even knowing how it performs or sounds.

I used to think that about braided lines too. Then I did the math by checking out the expansion numbers on the various types of lines. Compared to new regular rubber lines there really isn't a whole lot of objective performance increase, when you consider the minimal amount of pressure that the human hand is capable of applying.
well, I always swap out the pipe... I like the noise and the look period. I don't know anyone, other than you guys that doesn't say that steel lines have better feel and less fade... To each their own. I know quite a few "fast" street guys that think the stock suspension is "good enough" for the street so... No Worries is the fastest guy on lookout mountain with an old CBR with a stock suspension... You say that suspension mods are "necessary" and I say that brake mods are "necessary", since I'm paying for the mods on my bike and you're paying for the mods on your bike, I guess we're both right.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote